A Last Letter to 🤩✨

The Five Stages of Heartbreak

1. Denial (I love you, it's ruining my life)
This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you
This is me praying that
This was the very first page,
not where the story line ends
My thoughts will echo your name, 
until I see you again
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you
"All those other girls, well they're beautiful.
But would they draw a poem for you?"
Said, "I'm fine," but it wasn't true
I don't want to keep secrets just to keep you
and I snuck in through the garden gate
every night that summer just to seal my fate
I screamed for whatever it's worth
"I love you," ain't that the worst thing you ever heard?
Life was a willow and it bent right to your wind
Wait for the signal and I'll meet you after dark
Show me the places where the others gave you scars
Wherever you stray I follow
I'm begging for you to take my hand
Wreck my plans
You know that my train could take you home


2. Anger (You don't get to tell me about sad)
Tahu begini, jika bisa kuhindari garis interaksi itu yang kupilih
Alam dan s'luruh energinya, apa dalam ciptanya ada aku?
Bila bukan untuk aku hindariku dari patah hati itu
Jika dia memang bisa untukku sini, dekat dan dekatlah
Dan jika dia memang bukan untukku tolong, reda dan redalah


3. Bargaining (Am I allowed to cry?)
You love someone else

But we were something, don't you think so?
And if my wishes came true it would've been you
And if you never bleed, you're never gonna grow and it's alright now
In my defense, I have none for digging up the grave another time
But it would've been fun if you would've been the 1


4. Depression (Old habits die screaming)
I actually am the problem

I move through the world with the heartbrokenMy longings stay unspokenAnd I may never open up the way I did for you
These weeks of breathing clean air, I still miss the smoke
Were you making fun of me with some esoteric joke?
I hope you miss me in The Black Dog
cause tail between your legs, you're leaving


5. Acceptance (I can do it with a broken heart)
I'm sure I can pass this test
cause I'm a real tough kid, I can handle it
They said, "Babe, you gotta fake it 'til you make it" and I did
I cry a lot but I am so productive, it's an art
Lights, camera, and smile, even when you want to die
You know you're good when you can even do it with a broken heart

Tak selalu Tuhan menjawab doa
tapi Dia beri yang terbaik di waktu yang tepat
Yesus menjawab lebih dari yang aku harapkan
dengan cara-Nya di waktu yang tepat



"From this, a period of author's life is now over, the chapter closed and boarded up. There is nothing to avenge, no scores to settle once wounds have healed. Time, doesn't it give some perspective? Time, mystical time: cutting me open, then healing me fine. Time, wondrous time: gave me a sad blue sky, and then pretty purple pink sky."
-The End


The References

Comments